Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

make some users not require approval in a moderated forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make some users not require approval in a moderated forum?

How do I allow some users to post in a moderated forum so that their posts go straight on and don't need to be approved?

I've looked at every permission I can find and spent hours on this forum but cant find the answer..

Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup > Post / Thread Permissions > Follow Forum Moderation Rules
    If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue
    You would need to place those users in newly created usergroup that you need to make.

Comment

Thanks for your reply but that wont work -

I create a new user group and put them in it and if I set "follow forum moderation to yes", they will be moderated because the forum is a moderated forum.

If I set it to "no" they will still be moderated because, as it says, "If set to no, posts are always placed into the moderation queue".

Either way they will be moderated??
      Last edited by MelH; Tue 18 Mar '08, 1:39pm.

Comment

Set the permissions for that forum for that usergroup to also follow moderation rules

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Set the permissions for that forum for that usergroup to also follow moderation rules
          That forum is moderated so if I set it so they follow moderation rules they will be moderated wont they?

Comment

Originally posted by MelH View Post
            That forum is moderated so if I set it so they follow moderation rules they will be moderated wont they?
            Yes.

Why don't you make the forum not moderated, and change all usergroups except the one in particular, to NOT follow forum moderation.

In other words, the forum's settings will be to not place posts in moderation, but the usergroup settings (which are "dominant") will say to put them into moderation.
            The one group that you want to be able to post in that forum will be able to if you set their permissions to "Follow Forum Moderation Rules (Yes)"
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MelH View Post
              Set the forum to be unmoderated and set the other groups so that "Always Follow Forum Moderation Rules" are set to no.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Guys, both of those work!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X