can not modify forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not modify forums

After my upgrade from 3.5.5 to 3.6.8 patch 2, I am no longer to modify my individual forums. if I go to add new forum and try to add a new one, I get a error, and if i go to forum manager and try to edit one, I get the same error. every other part of the forum works except for the quick reply and multi quote.
    the error I get is;

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:

Invalid SQL:
    UPDATE forum SET
    title_clean = 'Technical',
    title = 'Technical',
    description_clean = '',
    description = '',
    link = '',
    displayorder = 20,
    parentid = -1,
    daysprune = -1,
    defaultsortfield = 'title',
    defaultsortorder = 'asc',
    showprivate = 0,
    newpostemail = '',
    newthreademail = '',
    ### Bitfield: forum.options ###
    options = IF(options & 8, options - 8, options),
    options = IF(options & 16, options - 16, options),
    options = IF(options & 32, options - 32, options),
    options = IF(options & 32768, options - 32768, options),
    options = IF(options & 8192, options - 8192, options),
    options = IF(options & 4, options - 4, options),
    options = IF(options & 1, options, options + 1),
    options = IF(options & 2, options, options + 2),
    options = IF(options & 16384, options, options + 16384),
    options = IF(options & 256, options - 256, options),
    options = IF(options & 64, options, options + 64),
    options = IF(options & 128, options, options + 128),
    options = IF(options & 512, options, options + 512),
    options = IF(options & 1024, options, options + 1024),
    options = IF(options & 2048, options, options + 2048),
    options = IF(options & 4096, options, options + 4096),
    options = IF(options & 65536, options, options + 65536),
    styleid = 0,
    password = ''
    WHERE forumid = 3;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'defaultsortfield' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054

Thanks for any and all help I can get!!

You are missing the default forum.defaultsortfield field. If you are upgrading then make sure you ran the install/upgrade.php file to completion after uploading the new files. Otherwise you can run this query to add the missing field:

ALTER TABLE forum ADD defaultsortfield VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'lastpost'

Comment

thank you, that got me past that error, I got another one...and now I get

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:
      Invalid SQL:
      INSERT INTO forum
      (title_clean, title, description_clean, description, link, displayorder, parentid, daysprune, defaultsortfield, defaultsortorder, showprivate, newpostemail, newthreademail, options, styleid, password)
      VALUES
      ('test forum', 'test forum', '', '', '', 22, -1, -1, 'lastpost', 'desc', 0, '', '', 97985, 0, '');
      MySQL Error : Unknown column 'showprivate' in 'field list'

do I keep running the query and inserting the new unknown column into the query??

Comment

disregard last thread, I did run the query and now it will let me create and edit forums!!
        Thank you very much for your help! now I will do a search on why my quick reply and multiqoute buttons will not work!

appreciate the help getting me back on the road

Comment

That is another missing field. Make sure you ran the install/upgrade.php file when upgrading. You can run individual queries to restore missing fields, but it seems your upgrade is incomplete so you need to run that script.

Comment

thanks Jake, everything seems to be working fine now except for the quick reply and the multiquote. I dont get errors, just the majority it will not work for...it works half the time for me and not only on certain pc's.

will running the install/upgrade.php script cause any problems?? I did run the script at upgrade and it ran for every version between my original version and the latest.

Comment

That sounds like it may be a problem with your old style. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style.

Comment

THANKS! Your advice on this thread seemed to clear up all my issues that I know of.

Greatly appreciate the help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X