HELP Please Possible PIRACY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Please Possible PIRACY

I keep getting errors like this comming to me and I dont think they're from MY database, which leads me to believe that someone has some how pirated my SW. My Site is www.superskunkracing.org and I dont have a user named xxxxxxxx (I have hidden this until I figure this out) ? Can someone take a look and tell me what they think is happening...

Thx
    Tom
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT
    announcement.announcementid, startdate, title, announcement.views,
    user.username, user.userid, user.usertitle, user.customtitle, user.usergroupid,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid, infractiongroupid
    , NOT ISNULL(announcementread.announcementid) AS readannounce
    FROM announcement AS announcement
    LEFT JOIN announcementread AS announcementread ON (announcementread.announcementid = announcement.announcementid AND announcementread.userid = 1)
    LEFT JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = announcement.userid)
    WHERE startdate <= 1205106427
    AND enddate >= 1205106427
    AND forumid IN (4,1,-1)
    ORDER BY startdate DESC, announcement.announcementid DESC
    LIMIT 1;
    MySQL Error : Server shutdown in progress
    Error Number : 1053
    Date : Sunday, March 9th 2008 @ 06:47:18 PM
    Script : http://www.frontrowracin.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    Referrer : http://www.frontrowracin.com/forums/
    IP Address : 12.208.173.158
    Username : xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Classname : vb_database
    Last edited by xTerMn8r; Mon 10th Mar '08, 8:37am.

"MySQL Error : Server shutdown in progress"

That error means exactly what it says. You should contact your host about this. Your MySQL server might be having uptime issues.

Comment

Did you look at the script, Referer, and Username ? None of those belong to me !!! What I believe has happened is someone has pirated my Software and not changed my E-mail in the config.php file so I'm getting notified when THEIR database has an error. Does that make sence?

Comment

All Piracy reports should be directed to: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Comment

Originally posted by xTerMn8r View Post
          Did you look at the script, Referer, and Username ? None of those belong to me !!! What I believe has happened is someone has pirated my Software and not changed my E-mail in the config.php file so I'm getting notified when THEIR database has an error. Does that make sence?
          perhaps they made a mis-spelling on the database admin email address ?

have it checked out through the piracy reporting page, though...

Comment

Originally posted by xTerMn8r View Post
            Sorry, I didn't see that.

That means some one entered your email into their config file. It doesn't necessarily mean that your vBulletin files were pirated. You should contact the owner of that site.

Comment

Thank you for all your responces, I have notified the Owner of the site and he says he has bought and paid for the vBulletin SW, and I have no reason not to believe him other then these e-mails I keep receiving refering to db errors.

My Next question is this....

From the information that has been provided to me (Post 1) in that e-mail, can I make a determination that it is the database that belongs to the Site listed as the referrer and script that is sending this e-mail or could it possibly be mine @ www.superskunkracing.org. If it is mine, why and How is it listing www.frontrowracin.com at all and xxxxxxxxx as User Name? (xxxxxxxx=The username which I will keep private at this time) Before I report this as Software Piracy I would like to be sure I understand that e-mail as much as possible, and not accuse someone until I am sure. I'm not a MySQL/PHP GURU so I appreciate everyones help in helping me to understand this.

I've never heard of these folks prior to receiving these e-mails...

Thx Again
              Tom
              www.superskunkracing.org
              vbulletin 3.6.8
              vbadvanced 3.0
              PHP 5.xx
              MySQL 5.xx

Comment

If you have the full headers in the email it should be possible to determine which server sent the email.

Usually that is in the "received:" email headers.
                http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Working...
                X