Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexd181
    replied
    Thanks, I ran it manually and it worked. The forum is new so that's why it might not be running often.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Promotions are handled by a scheduled task:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> User Promotions

By default, promotions run every hour. If you are testing your setup, then you can manually run these tasks to see that the appropriate changes are being made.

The task system is driven by page loads. If your forum isn't very active for a period of time then the tasks might be delayed.

Also make sure your forum URL is correct because that is used to call the tasks:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Leave a comment:

• alexd181
    replied
    Thanks that's very helpful. For some reason promotions only update when I update the counters. Is this normal? Shouldn't they be auto-applied? For example I have one requiring x posts to update, but the user has had more than x posts since yesterday and they did not get promoted.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The old users would keep their promotion. Changes to the promotion are not retroactive.

Leave a comment:

• alexd181
    started a topic promotions taken away?

promotions taken away?

Hi

I have a question of whether if I have say promotion 1 require 100 posts + 50 reputation. But then I change this to 100 posts + 100 reputation. Would members with 70 or 80 reputation lose their promotion, or be demoted? Or would they keep it?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X