User Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Icons

Hi, I just had a quick question. Iam putting up donations on my website and I would like for the members who donate to get a certain icon that I have created. My question is, How can I make the donation icon appear under their original post icons, and for my mods How can I make it so the donation icon appears under their MOD icon?

Is is possible to create a new usergroup called donators and to transfer the registered members who have donated to that group, but still have the post icon showing with the donations icon underneath?

Thanks!

Create a new donator group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

Set all of the permissions to No for the new group. The excess No permissions don't matter because it will be a secondary group.

Then create a rank image for the donator group:

Admin CP -> User Ranks -> Add New User Rank

When creating the rank, set the Display Type to Always.

Now you can add users to the donator group as an Additional Usergroup and they will get that rank. You may need to run this counter after setting this up:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Create a new donator group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

Set all of the permissions to No for the new group. The excess No permissions don't matter because it will be a secondary group.

Then create a rank image for the donator group:

Admin CP -> User Ranks -> Add New User Rank

When creating the rank, set the Display Type to Always.

Now you can add users to the donator group as an Additional Usergroup and they will get that rank. You may need to run this counter after setting this up:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks
      Cool! I wanna do that! as soon as i figure out how to get usergroup icons and also a paypal donate button.

Comment

Okay great I got it. But just one more question, how can I flip their position?

How can I make the Donation icon appear under the 5 dim icons?

Comment

There is no option to set the order of multiple ranks. You would have to modify the code to control the order. If you have some coding ability then you can post on www.vbulletin.org for help with this.

Comment