Welcome email not being sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome email not being sent

I just started my forum, but the Welcome Email doesn't seem to go out. I created 2 accounts to check and never got anything, and nobody else seems to either.
    The only mods I have installed are the Welcome Headers (turned off) and the Limited Guest Viewing.
    Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thank you.

Try a test email:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email

What are the results of the test? If no errors are reported but you don't receive the email then try sending the test email to multiple different addresses in case there is a spam filter blocking it.

If the email functions are working then check to see if you have user moderation enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members

Note the description under the Send Welcome Email setting on this same page:

Note: If you require emails to be verified, this email will be sent after the user has activated his or her account. If you moderate new memberships, no welcome mail will be sent as the user will already be receiving an email.
    With regard to user moderation, it is talking about the "approval" emails you can send when moderating new users:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users -> List Users Awaiting Moderation

Comment

Test went without errors; I don't moderate new members; users verify their email but remain in the "unconfirmed" group instead of moving to the "registered user" group.
      Could that possibly be because of the Limited Viewing mod I have installed?

Comment

Make sure your forum URL is correct, otherwise the activation links will not work:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

For example, the forum URL for this forum is:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum

No ending slash, no index.php

Comment

Everything is correct.
          My problem is that new users are not transferred from "unconfirmed" to "registered users". I don't really want to disable email verification.

Comment

If everything is correct then the only other possible explanation is that a modification you installed is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. Then make this your default style.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I really don't think the problem lies with the hacks. The two that I have don't have anything to do with the register file.
              My vB is made to work with phpLD. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Comment

I have no idea what phpLD is. However is everything is 'correct' as you say, then this is either a problem with the server (unlikely) or a problem with our modifications (most likely.)
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

phpLD is a directory software that can be integrated with vB. I'll ask those guys as well.

Comment

We can test the activation process if you submit a trouble ticket with your forum and server info:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Comment

Ticket submitted. Thank you.

Comment

This is David from phpLD.
                        We have also been working with findyourink on this mod.
                        PHP Link Directory

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X