Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I increase amount of time allowed while posting a response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I increase amount of time allowed while posting a response?

Hey,

I have found that sometimes when I spend a longer amount of time posting a long response, when I go to press "submit reply", I receive a "you are not logged in" message. How do I prevent this automatic timeout? Is there a time limt on how long I have to respond while in the response box? Where can I change this feature in Admin. I have lost many a long response because of this. And I know other users of my forum have had the same problem. I lengthened the "session timeout" feature to 60 minutes but this had no impact on the problem I have described above - if I spend longer than say 10 minutes posting a message, I lose the entire message and I am automatically logged out.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Try clicking 'Remember Me' when logging in, this should keep your session alive longer.

Comment

I, too, would like to lengthen the timeout for posting. Is there a setting in vBulletin that will allow this?

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
        Hey,

I have found that sometimes when I spend a longer amount of time posting a long response, when I go to press "submit reply", I receive a "you are not logged in" message. How do I prevent this automatic timeout? Is there a time limt on how long I have to respond while in the response box? Where can I change this feature in Admin. I have lost many a long response because of this. And I know other users of my forum have had the same problem. I lengthened the "session timeout" feature to 60 minutes but this had no impact on the problem I have described above - if I spend longer than say 10 minutes posting a message, I lose the entire message and I am automatically logged out.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
        If you submit/preview and get the timeout page...just login and click "proceed" and you will return to the editing page or the post will be submitted if submit was hit. I too would like to increase the time allowed as most members panic and do not login...but try going back instead. I have added instructions to the phrases for the timeout page describing to the member what to do to recover their post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X