Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• generating a mailing list.

Hi,

I've found the option in vbulletin to generate a mailinglist, however this gives me a list of e-mail addresses in the vbulletin interface. the only option I've found to get this into a csv is simply copy and paste, since we've got over 600.000 users copying and pasting seems like a unnecessary step to me, isn't there an option to have vbulletin make it a downloadable csv?
    I'd also like to include the username with the e-mail address is that possible?

Best regards,

Flar

That is no option on that page to generate a file. You are meant to simply copy and paste the emails. With 600,000 users your browser might have trouble loading the entire list for copy and paste. For example, my FF browser tends to crash on excessively large pages like that, but IE handles it well (but slowly). So try different browsers.

There is also no option to display the usernames along with their emails when generating that list.

Comment

too bad, we'll try to extract it directly from the database..

Best regards,

Flar

Comment

Sorry to ask a question outside of vBulletin, but what is the best way to copy and paste the Generate Mailing List content into a CSV file (or something I can import into a third-party email service).

When I copy and paste my Generate Mailing List content (about 4,000 names), create a text file using Word, then import the text file into Excel, I get one email address per cell, but the content runs horizontally, across many Excel pages.

Also, if anyone knows a Mod that would do this automatically -- and add the customer ID to the file, that would be great.

Thanks.
        FB

Comment

I have never tried importing a mailing list into Excel. I don't know how it populates the cells from a text file. You might try asking this in the Chit Chat forum.

Comment

Well, I pasted the list into Word, did a global replace to change the space to a paragraph return, and imported the file into Excel, and it works. I can import the list into my email service provider.

Still, it would be nice to have the User ID along with the email address, but for now, I've made it to the next step.

Thanks for the help.
            FB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X