Profile Field Options - More than 32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Field Options - More than 32?

I am setting up a forum for our homeschool group, which has over 250 members. Every year, each member is required to contribute by performing a service (planning a specific field trip, organizing an event, etc.). In the past, we have had them give their top three choices out of a long list of options (since there has to be enough jobs for everyone). Then, the leadership goes through and figures out who will do what. Now that we have moved to a forum, I am wondering the best way to do this. I was thinking that if we included it in the profile options, then the admins could organize the job assignments pretty easily with the search functionality.

My thought is that I could give them a pull-down list of options, but obviously, there would be more than the limit of 32. Is there some way to do a series of pull-down menus that could start broad and get more specific? For example: Field trips --> all ages -- > Apple Picking. Then we could have the same series of pull-downs three times and require a different option be chosen for each of the three series of pull-downs.

Does this make sense? If so, how do I go about doing it? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I just know there has to be a way to have this done online, rather than by shuffling through a huge stack of papers!

The limit of 32 options is due to the fact that PHP is currently limited to 32 bit integers.

You can certainly create multiple profile fields to cover more options, but they would all be separate profile fields. You can't have them be related and affect the available options of the other profile fields.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I guess we'll just have to think through how we can narrow the options down!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X