Post Rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Rank

How do I get a posting rank for Members?

Like a bar or squares etc, The more posts you have the more filled it will be.
    Example > http://www.cgenetwork.com/rankings.JPG

Is there also anyway to get the Title and Image?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Gersfan View Post
    How do I get a posting rank for Members?

Like a bar or squares etc, The more posts you have the more filled it will be.
    Example > http://www.cgenetwork.com/rankings.JPG

Is there also anyway to get the Title and Image?

Thanks,
    I think you would just do this the way I did because I did something similar on my forum.

I think you first need to create a new usergroup for each rank.......

AdminCP---->Usergroups---->Add New Usergroup

then..............go to...........

AdminCP---->User Ranks---->Add New User Rank
    From there you can point to the individual images for each rank.

I hope that's right- Good luck anyway.

www.cocteautwinsforums.com

Comment

mmmender is close.

You actually don't need to create new Usergroups to have new User Ranks. Just go to Admin CP > User Ranks > Add New User Rank

In the User Rank File Path that is where you'll specify the different images. What you're doing with the rank system is actually setting up different images based upon post count. Usergroups are typically used for defining permissions to areas of the forum or what the user can do while within that usergroup.

Comment

Oh Ok, Thanks, I think I know what to do the way i want it..

Can you display both Rank Image and Rank Text ?

I've been looking for decent Ranking Images such as the ones I posted above like Squares for posts but I cant seem to find any decent ones? Any good sources?

Thanks,

Comment

I have set up all my Rank Images to All Usergroups, Everything works fine but I speficied an Image for Admin group only... When I view the threads the Admin now has two Rank images instead of just the one?

How do I sort this?

Comment

Your admins will have two ranks. One for the admin usergroup and the one for all usergroups.

The only way around this is to set each rank as specific to a usergroup although if you have multiple usergroups this would be highly impractical. if you do make any changes you will need to update the user titles and ranks again via the Maintenance > Update Counters page of the admincp

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X