Usergroups, adding/removing members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usergroups, adding/removing members

Is there a way to add or remove members from a non public usergroup?

ie the Administrator usergroup, I would like to remove someone from this group, how is this accomplished?
    Jennifer Dent
    Bible.org Forum Administrator

Checkout the new set of Bible study tools www.NeXtBible.org all free!!!

Just locate this member in the Admin CP and manually change their Usergroups.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So you can't add/change members while in the usergroup menu? How difficult would it be instead of "delete user" you had a "remove member from group"?

Additional question, where do the members go to access the various user groups? Is it just something I'm missing in the UCP?
      Jennifer Dent

Comment

No, you do this in the member' profile as I said.

Only Publicly Joinable groups are accessible and those will show as a link in the User CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok Forgive me if I seem dense, but I could not find anywhere in the members profile where I could remove them from any of their assigned user groups??? Is it possible to get a screen shot showing WHERE to remove them from a group? Or possibly a link to the appropriate place in the manual? I've printed it and read everything about usergroups and this question isn't answered. I don't just want to change the primary usergroup I completely want to remove someone from a particular group.

And where exactly in the UCP are the usergroups located? I have more than 1 public group and even when I am logged in as admin I can not see ANY of the usergroups in my UCP.

Again I apologize if I seem dense but this really makes absolutely no sense to me.
          Jennifer Dent

Comment

To the right.
            Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Again I see this area but the instructions on how to remove someone from a group are rather vague (non existent actually)

Perhaps you can walk through the steps??? Again thank you for your patience. It's not even clear how to add someone to an existing usergroup.

There are times at my board when it's necessary to add a member to a temp group called "the cooler" this is not a permanent reassignment but a temporary one. How is this accomplished?

Thanks again for your help?

(This is why we have it installed on the test board so I can learn to use everything before we go live - at this rate y'all be done with 3.7 before I finish testing lol)
              Jennifer Dent

Comment

Just uncheck any groups you don't want them to be in or change their Primary usergroup via the drop-down box.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Goodness you are fast!

OK so the only way anyone can see what usergroups a member is in (all at the same time) is via the ACP/Usergroups option?

As to the other question...I can't see the option for any user groups when I access the UCP. Where exactly should these be located? Any thoughts? (we are running vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2)
                  Jennifer Dent

Comment

also is there a way to see what groups a particular member is in?
                    Jennifer Dent

Comment

You can see that in the usr profile in the Admin CP as the pic in post #6 shows.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply...

Any way...

What you are saying that if there is someone in a user group then when I am looking at them via the ACP any group that they are in should have a check mark next to it correct?
                        Jennifer Dent

Comment

Now if I am in the User Manager section of the ACP and instead of typing a name in the "User Name" section and select a user group then select Find should it return results of every member in that group?

And when I do a search on a individual none of the boxes are check by usergroups??? HELP

If this is the case then why did not my members retain their usergroups? We have many special usergroups that contain more than a few members and when I search using the above none of my usergroups have any members???? This is a HUGE problem. (If I should be asking this in the other vb licensed members forum let me know)
                          Last edited by jennifer dent; Wed 5th Mar '08, 8:27pm. Reason: added clarifing comment/question
                          Jennifer Dent

Comment

Originally posted by jennifer dent View Post
                            Sorry for the slow reply...

Any way...

What you are saying that if there is someone in a user group then when I am looking at them via the ACP any group that they are in should have a check mark next to it correct?
                            Yes, when you are looking at their profile via the ACP, their primary group will be displayed in the Drop-down menu, and any additional groups they are in will be checked.
                            Note that they can only be in one primary group at a time, and multiple additional groups.

If there are no additional user groups checked, then the user is not in them.

Now if I am in the User Manager section of the ACP and instead of typing a name in the "User Name" section and select a user group then select Find should it return results of every member in that group?
                            To view all users of a group, go to the Usergroup Manager, and from the dropdown of the group, select "List all Primary users" (which will list all users that this group is their primary user group). or select "List all Secondary Users" (which will list all users who have this group as their secondary group.

And when I do a search on a individual none of the boxes are check by usergroups??? HELP
                            This is because they are not in any of the groups...

If the group isn't checked, the member isn't in the group.

If this is the case then why did not my members retain their usergroups? We have many special usergroups that contain more than a few members and when I search using the above none of my usergroups have any members???? This is a HUGE problem. (If I should be asking this in the other vb licensed members forum let me know)
                            I really don't understand this one.

Regards,
                            Nick

Comment

OK.

We are currently using phpbb Gold and we purchased a liscense for VB and have it up and running on our test site.

We have a member base of over 5000 members. We have special usergroups that either A) Grants further permissions B) Limits Permissions C)Grants access in various hidden/private forums throughout the board.

When we upgraded at the test site no one is assigned any usergroup.

For Example: We have a Private Men's Discussion forum that can only be viewed if one is a member of the Private Men's Discussion Usergroup. This usergroup has 137 members. When we upgraded at the test site, that usergroup has ZERO members. This is true for ALL our usergroups.

*Note, yes these are secondary usergroup as 99.9% of our members primary group is "registered users"

So my question is why did my members NOT retain their usergroup affiliations (usergroup membership) when we upgraded???

None of my members (including myself) are in multiple usergroups any more as they should be.

below are 2 screen shots, the first is from my current usergroup manage, showing how many members are in which group the second is from vb showing no members is those groups...

Does this help explain the problem that I am having?
                              Attached Files
                              Jennifer Dent

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X