Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Adding 2nd Row To Navbar............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    Use the same instructions but change the name from mypopupmenu to something else.

You will edit the footer template.

Leave a comment:

• Sax on the Web
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    Where exactly? There is no navbar on the bottom that I can see, unless you added one. The popup code should be the same, although you might need to change the id of the menu to ensure it is unique as I mentioned before.
    I mean the bar where there is the selection for style and language plus a few links.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Where exactly? There is no navbar on the bottom that I can see, unless you added one. The popup code should be the same, although you might need to change the id of the menu to ensure it is unique as I mentioned before.

Leave a comment:

• Sax on the Web
    replied
    Adding popupmenu to the bottom navbar?

Is there a way to add a "mypopupmenu" to the navigation bar that is on the bottom of the forum page?
    There are currently no pop-ups.

thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Yes that label needs to be unique. There are 3 instances of that label in the green code above and 3 instances in the red code at the end of my post.

Leave a comment:

• mmmender
    replied
    Thanks very much for the reply......however, I'm still having a problem......as I already have this code

<td id="mypopupmenu".....etc>

added to my 1st navbar, I can't name the popup I want to now add to the 2nd navbar the same thing........"#mypopupmenu" - otherwise, isn't it just calling up the same code two times? How else would it know which popupmenu to refer to unless the two popups were named different things?

I tried using "mypopupmenu2" and the drop-down works but it does not appear in alignment with its header/title, it appears off to the left.

I'm attaching a copy of my navbar text so you can see what I've done.

Thanks in advance.

Leesa
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The instructions are the same, but the first piece of red code that you add for the popup menu would be added to the second navbar like so:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['member']">
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout&amp;logouthash=$bbuserinfo[logouthash]" onclick="return log_out()">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>
    		</if>
    	</tr>
    	</table>
    </div>
    <!-- / nav buttons bar -->

[COLOR="Red"]<!-- second nav button row -->
    <div align="center">
    	<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px">
    	<tr align="center">
    		[COLOR="Blue"]<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a></td>[/COLOR]
    		[COLOR="Green"]<td id="mypopupmenu" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#mypopupmenu">MENU TITLE</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("mypopupmenu"); </script></td>[/COLOR]
    	</tr>
    	</table>
    </div>
    <!-- / second nav button row -->[/COLOR]

<br />
    <if condition="$show['forumdesc']">
    	<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    	<tr>
    		<td class="alt1" width="100%"><strong>$foruminfo[title]</strong> <span class="smallfont">$foruminfo[description]</span></td>
    	</tr>
    	</table>
    	<br />
    </if>
    I have highlighted it in green.

The last piece of code for the popup menu is the same:

Originally posted by Jake
    Then in that same template, scroll to the very bottom. Add the the red code:

Code:
    <!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
    		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
    		<tr>
    			<td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">$vbphrase[go_to_page]</td>
    		</tr>
    		<tr>
    			<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
    			<form action="$vboptions[forumhome].php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
    				<input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
    				<input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="$vbphrase[go]" />
    			</form>
    			</td>
    		</tr>
    		</table>
    	</div>

[COLOR="Red"]	<!-- mypopupmenu -->
    	<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="mypopupmenu_menu" style="display:none">
    		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">

<tr><td class="thead">MENU TITLE</td></tr>		
    		[COLOR="Blue"]<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a></td></tr>[/COLOR]
    		</table>
    	</div>
    	<!-- / mypopupmenu -->[/COLOR]

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
    Change the MENU TITLE, URL, and LINKED TEXT appropriately. Add more instances of the blue code within the red code to add more links to the popup menu.

Leave a comment:

• mmmender
    started a topic After Adding 2nd Row To Navbar............

After Adding 2nd Row To Navbar............

I found the thread with instructions on how to add a 2nd row to the navbar and I managed to make the changes with no problems at all.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196667

My question now is how do I add a new pop-up menu to the 2nd row?

The thread linked above shows how to add a pop-up only to the primary navbar and not the 2nd additional navbar. Also, I have already added an additional pop-up menu to the primary navbar using the ID/REF "mypopupmenu" so if I am going to be adding another pop-up to the 2nd navbar row I will need to use different ID/name to call up that additional pop-up, so I can't use the same code found in the instructions ("mypopupmenu") again.

Please advise.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X