No announcement yet.

Preliminary group with post moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary group with post moderation?

Hello,
    I have a few registrations every day just for posting 1 post, for spamming, etc. In order to stop this, I would like to have a preliminary usergroup for new users. First 5-10 posts from new users (in this usergroup) should be under moderation. After these 5-10 posts (if approved), the user should be automatically switched to the normal 'Users' usergroup. This feature would be extremely useful. Is this possible?

You can use Usergroup promotions to do that.

1. Set the registered usergroup so that all posts are moderated.

2. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions and no moderation:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add New Usergroup

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. But, which of the following cases do you describe?

1. new users -> [new group with post moderation] --after 10 posts--> Registered Users

2. new users -> [Registered users with post moderation] --after 10 posts--> [new group]

If you mean the 1st scenario, how can I change the default usergroup (for new users) from Registered users to [new group] ?

If you mean the 2nd scenario, how can I move all current Registered users with more than 10 posts to the [new group] ?

Thank you again!

Comment

Yes, #2 and follow the instructions I posted.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X