• Show
Clear All

• raagaswaram
    replied
    thanks alot i think it worked u r th e best

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Make sure you end the repair command with a semicolon as shown above.

Leave a comment:

• raagaswaram
    replied
    hey

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'REPAIR TABLE thread
    REPAIR TABLE thread
    REPAIR TABLE thread' at line 2

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Run a repair:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables

Run it twice to make sure it comes back clean the second time.

If a table is badly corrupted then sometimes the repair will prune lost records. If you have some data loss like this then it will be necessary to restore a backup of your database from before you had this problem.

If the repair fails and it keeps reporting problems with the thread table then try running a repair in the shell. If you have shell access to the server then try logging into the mysql prompt with this command:

Code:
    mysql -u[color=red]username[/color] -p[color=red]password[/color] [color=red]databasename[/color]
    Then run this command at the mysql prompt:

Code:
    REPAIR TABLE thread;
    If the repair fails then often the mysql prompt will give additional error messages / error codes that can indicate what is wrong. For example, maybe your mysql partition is full or there is a problem with the file permissions. The error codes will usually indicate stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• raagaswaram
    started a topic .thread seems to be vanished

.thread seems to be vanished

my board is down and it says forums.thread is crashed but when i went to repair it seems it is vanished for some reason
    is there any way i can insert it manually
    MySQL Error : Table './forums/thread' is marked as crashed and should be repaired