HTML Script Not Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Script Not Closing

I'm not sure if this is vb or the code I'm using, but for some reason HTML on my forum isn't closing the script in Javascript and therefore the thread never shows it's end. Meaning it won't show the post buttons on the bottm, or the Forum/Thread Rules box, as well as other items like Forum Jump for example.

What would cause this?

I just visited your forum and I don't see any problems at the bottoms of the forum pages. Can you post a URL or picture showing the problem?

Comment

Yes Jake and thank you,

Here we go:

Forum/Thread that has no problem:

http://www.legionofangels.net/forum/...8-007-art.html

Forum/Thread with the problem:

http://www.legionofangels.net/forum/...5-animals.html

Comment

It looks like your dynamic ddrive code that is causing the problems.

Comment

Yeah it's strange it's like everyone I made after that has worked. If I get the code for that to work though it wants to error again in another thread with another code. But if I leave that one unrepaired all of them seem to be working, which is odd and weird.

I don't know what the code is because the creator set it up so that it creates a code for each of these, you can tell because the number of the code keeps going up. But of course I still don't know the exact code to pull the video dynamically. Not only that, but there is no contact us form or comment form even, so I cannot contact the creator even if I wanted to.

Very frustrating.

I was more or less just checking here first to see if it had anything to do with my vBulletin. Because in order for that code to be the problem, it's suggesting that randomly that code generator makes an error, or I do in copy pasting the information.

Comment

Unfortunately we can't help you to troubleshoot that custom code. But you can start to narrow down the problem by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
              Unfortunately we can't help you to troubleshoot that custom code. But you can start to narrow down the problem by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style.
              I totally understand you can't help troubleshoot the code, my only problem is that I can't tell if the error is the code or if the error is with my vBulletin. Kind of in the fog here as to what the problem is.

I did run the above test, made a quick style and everything is default.

Error still occurred.

You can go see it to, I haven't deleted it yet, Test in the quick style chooser.

So now I will go to my plug in manager and turn off all my plug ins?

Comment

Test 2

Disabled all plugin/hook system.

Error still shows.

Comment

Have you looked in your error_logs at all? Sometimes the php problem will be stated in there (if it is php).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

forumpath.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin gla_test.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin infernoshout.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin loalinks.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin poll.php File version mismatch: found 3.6.5, expected 3.6.8 radiostations.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin showthread.php File version mismatch: found 3.6.5, expected 3.6.8 test.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin topXstats.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbseo.php File does not contain expected contents vbseocp.php File does not contain expected contents vbseocpform.php File does not contain expected contents y_key_eb9354dc689216e6.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin

admin_vbseo.php File does not contain expected contents automediaembed_admin.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin pifp.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin radiostations_admin.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin stats.php File version mismatch: found 3.6.5, expected 3.6.8 zseo.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin

adminfunctions_stats.php File version mismatch: found 3.6.5, expected 3.6.8 ame_bbcode.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin class_bbcode.php File does not contain expected contents class_core.php File does not contain expected contents config_vbseo.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin functions_editor.php File does not contain expected contents functions_online.php File does not contain expected contents functions_vbseo.php File does not contain expected contents functions_vbseo_extra.php File does not contain expected contents functions_zseo.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin functions_zseo_archive.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin gla.php File not recognized as part of vBulletinbitfield_favoritesmilies.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin bitfield_infernoshout.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin bitfield_passivevid.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin cpnav_automediaembed.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin cpnav_radiostations.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin cpnav_vbseo_sitemap.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin cpnav_zointsseo.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin hooks_automediaembed.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbseocp_arabic.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin

vbseo_moderate.php File does not contain expected contents

extra-urls.txt File not recognized as part of vBulletin index.php File does not contain expected contents vbseo_getsitemap.php File does not contain expected contents vbseo_sitemap.php File does not contain expected contents vbseo_sitemap_config.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbseo_sitemap_functions.php File does not contain expected contents vbseo_sm_config30x.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin

vbseo_sm_downloads.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbseo_sm_downloads2.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbseo_sm_vba.php File does not contain expected contents

Comment

Originally posted by U2Lynne View Post
                      Have you looked in your error_logs at all? Sometimes the php problem will be stated in there (if it is php).
                      Where or which error log are we referring to.

The above post shows my 55 Suspect File Versions. That seems like a lot.

Some of those php files I don't even need because we aren't even using the add ons anymore. But could that really cause a problem if they aren't doing anything?

It is possible that my forum is fine, and it's just the code. How could I test to make sure is all I'm asking here.

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post
                        Where or which error log are we referring to.

The above post shows my 55 Suspect File Versions. That seems like a lot.

Some of those php files I don't even need because we aren't even using the add ons anymore. But could that really cause a problem if they aren't doing anything?

It is possible that my forum is fine, and it's just the code. How could I test to make sure is all I'm asking here.
                        I rarely look at the Suspect File Versions. Rarely is an error on my forum caused by that.

My log files are located in /home/mysitename/logs/ I keep seven days worth of access_logs and error_logs in there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I actually thought of something here that could tell us what the problem is.

If someone else tries the code and it errors or works, then we'll know whether its my forum or if its the code.

So would it be too much to ask if someone could do an HTML test on this code and tell me if you get the error that I got:

Exact Code

HTML Code:
                          <script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.dynamicvids.com/1625/'></script><noscript><a href='http://www.dynamicvids.com/'>Add dynamic
                          P.S. If you test and you get the error, then you need to delete the thread from Forum View as you will not be able to within Thread View.

Comment

Exactly where are you adding that code? (so I know where to test it). Also, it's not complete.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I'm simply turning on HTML in a test forum and pasting the code in a thread.

That is exactly the code that the system is providing. I'll even show you 2 codes so that you can see the examples

Problem Code

HTML Code:
                              <script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.dynamicvids.com/1625/'></script><noscript><a href='http://www.dynamicvids.com/'>Add dynamic
                              A Code That Does Work

HTML Code:
                              <script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.dynamicvids.com/1613/'></script><noscript><a href='http://www.dynamicvids.com/'>Add dynamic auto-updating videos on your website</a></noscript>
                              -----------------------

I'm a tool, it's the code and now that I put them up side by side I can see that some information is missing.

Someone smack me.

Thanks Lynne & Jake & Zachery, I fixed the code.

superb,

LoA
                              Last edited by legionofangels2; Fri 15th Feb '08, 12:52pm.

Comment