Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm21
    replied
    Thank you very much, the process went without a hitch. The test will be if the table is still working tomorrow morning.

I have another problem, I don't know if it is related, but it started at the same time. It seems vbulletin has stopped performing its scheduled tasks, at least it has stopped the tasks related to promoting users.

I have new members who have verified their email addresses sent to a special usergroup where they unable to make posts for a brief time. They are supposed to be automatically promoted from the moderation que to the newbie usergroup after x hours, but I noticed my que of moderated users growing larger and larger. Indeed many of these members were still in the que days after they should have been moved up. The scheduled task log shows all the many tasks are being completed.

Also quite mysteriously, after a few repairs of the session table, I found the some of the users in the newbie usergroup (which is moderated for the first several posts) had been promoted to regular unmoderated status.

I can manually initiate a task to move the new members from the que to newbie status, but vb won't do it automatically like I set it up to do.

Any thoughts on what is causing this behavior?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Take your board offline.

Drop the session table and recreate it.

CREATE TABLE prefix_session (
    sessionhash CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    host CHAR(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    idhash CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    lastactivity INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    location CHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    useragent CHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    styleid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    languageid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    loggedin SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    inforum SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    inthread INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    incalendar SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    badlocation SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    bypass TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    profileupdate SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    PRIMARY KEY (sessionhash)
    );

After creating it use phpMyAdmin to change it to a Heap/Memory Table type. Replace prefix_ with the table prefix defined in your config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• tm21
    started a topic Session Table Keeps Crashing

Session Table Keeps Crashing

A few weeks ago I started to have more and more crashes of the session table, and now it crashes every day within minutes of my repairing it. This crash shuts down the entire vb site, making repair by the admin cp useless, and even phpmyadmin does not want to repair it. I log to shell and use mysql by command line to repair the table. It’s an easy fix when it crashes, but it could be five minutes or a few hours later, and boom! I can’t watch the site every minute of the day. What could be causing this? The problem keeps getting worse and worse, occurring faster between each repair. How can I prevent this from happening? Something screwy is going on, but I don’t have the experience with MySQL to figure out where to look for the problem.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X