Conditional for search, language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional for search, language

1. What would the conditional be for showing something in the search page, except for when there are no search results?

2. Is there a conditional for language id?

Thanks
    Vote for these issues:

1) Use this conditional:

Code:
    <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'search'">

</if>
    2) Use this conditional:

Code:
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[languageid] == X">

</if>
    Where X is the languageid you want to check for.

Comment

Many thanks for that.

No problem with the language conditional, but the other one does not seem to work. I need some text to be seen when you first get at search.php, but not when the searchnoresultstext is used.

Basically it's a message that tells users that the search for the old archived messages is located elsewhere. The searchnoresultsphrase also has that information, so I am trying for it not to be shown twice.
      Vote for these issues:

Comment

Try editing that specific template for that page:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Search Templates -> search_forums

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          Try editing that specific template for that page:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Search Templates -> search_forums
          That's what I was doing, but the conditional does not seem to work for what I need.
          Vote for these issues:

Comment

I don't know of a conditional to differentiate between the search form and the search results. I would just edit the individual templates for those two pages instead of editing a template that is common to both.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
              I don't know of a conditional to differentiate between the search form and the search results. I would just edit the individual templates for those two pages instead of editing a template that is common to both.
              I believe the template is the same, since a search with no results is just like the avanced search except the fact that it shows the searchnoresults phrase. The searchnoresults is not even in a template; from the php file it looks like the phrase is used like an error.
              Vote for these issues:

Comment

Working...
              X