Forum behaving very very weirdly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum behaving very very weirdly.

I left my old hosting and moved on to a new one.

Here's what i did :

Made a sql dump via SSH (Referring this thread)
    Restored it.

Now, i cannot turn my forums back on (however, it shows "ON" in vbulletin options)
    Even the forum turned off message doesnt get changed (though it shows a different message in vbulletin options and shows a diff. message on opening the forum)

Tried disabling all hooks still doesnt work.

Can anyone tell me how can i manually turn on the forum (some query in the database ?)

Even though i edit something like site title / forum data, the changes do not get made in the forum.

I am ready to give root admin access (if needed) to someone who can solve the problem.

Please help !
    Last edited by WarDoGG; Sun 10 Feb '08, 9:11am.

So, you tried disabling the hooks in your Admin CP, which doesn't seem to be saving changes? Have you tried disabling them in your config.php file? It sounds like your paths are somehow incorrect. Have you tried doing a force refresh on your browser page? Has your DNS propagated all ready to your new site IP?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by U2Lynne View Post
      So, you tried disabling the hooks in your Admin CP, which doesn't seem to be saving changes? Have you tried disabling them in your config.php file? It sounds like your paths are somehow incorrect. Have you tried doing a force refresh on your browser page? Has your DNS propagated all ready to your new site IP?
      I disabled hooks via config.php

DNS has propogated for sure, because my old hosting account has been deleted, and site is still opening.

I tried running the backup database on my localhost, and it worked fine. But , on my server it doesnt recognize any changes.

Like, i change board closed message, and it still shows me the old message. I really need help with this, if anyone can help me out, ill be very very very very grateful !

Comment

Can you make posts on the board? it's like somehow the new database is not recognized.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Can you make posts on the board? it's like somehow the new database is not recognized.
          Yes, i can make new threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDoGG View Post
            Okay, i identified the problem.. but did not solve it.

the problem is NOT with vbulletin.

Its with my file and folder permissions, whatever changes i do through admincp, it doesnt get reflected in the admincp itself.

For eg. i Added a new forum, and it didnt get added in forum manager.

The admincp scripts cannot modify records in the database but i can post in forum.
            Last edited by WarDoGG; Sun 10 Feb '08, 10:01am.

Comment

What you have here:
              ACP -> Turn Your vBulletin On and Off -> Forum Active

Did you try to select "No" then save, then select "Yes" and save?
              Did you try to clean your cookies?
              Are you shure you configured config.php correctly?

What you are speaking about is a mystery...

I recommend you to open a support ticket.
              ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

What are the permissions on your admin folder and the files within? (755? 644?)

Are you using the datamanager? What are your permissions for it?

edit: Whoops, I meant datastore, not datamanager - includes/datastore

Comment

What are the permissions on your admin folder and the files within? (755? 644?)
                  all folders 755
                  writeable by webserver.

I am on a VPS, using LxAdmin.

Comment

I added to my post and asked about datastore. Maybe your permissions are not correct on that. The folder should be "755" but the datastore_cache should be "777".

Comment

all folders 755
                      writeable by webserver.

I am on a VPS, using LxAdmin.
                      what does this mean ?

when i do a ls -l using ssh

drwxr-xr-x 24 admin 32005 4096 Feb 10 18:49 board

Comment

I added to my post and asked about datastore. Maybe your permissions are not correct on that. The folder should be "755" but the datastore_cache should be "777".
                        Buddy, you just made my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing... thanks a ton ! rep for u..

Thanks for helping me out, and i will never forget this.

Comment

Buddy, you just made my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing... thanks a ton ! rep for u..

Thanks for helping me out, and i will never forget this.
                          I'm glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                          X