Sending emails to members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending emails to members

Every once in a while (3 - 4 times a year) I'll send emails to all of my members regarding important announcement on my website. The latest that I sent was 2 days ago wishing everyone happy lunar new year. In the Admin CP, everything went smoothly. But when today I notice that my server was experiencing some heavy load. Upon checking it, Exim was responsible for the high server load. After terminating it, the load went back to normal.

So my question are, how fast (and how long it lasts) does vBulletin send out emails? What are the possible issues? Does that mean not all email account are delivered?

Thanks.

The emails should be sent immediately. There should not be any lasting load on your server unless something is wrong. You will need to consult with your host to analyze the mail logs on your server to know for sure that the emails were sent.

When I send out mass emails I usually include myself among the recipients so I know that the emails were sent.

Comment

That's a very good tip, I'll definitely do that next time. I recieved a few replies from my members wishing well so I think it went ok for the most part.

Thanks.

Comment

I use an email throttling program so that the outgoing emails are spaced out over a period of time to lessen the load spike.

Comment

Working...
        X