Notification and Time zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification and Time zones

If daily notification is set for 00:02, does it use the SERVER time for that??

I ask because our server is on the US west coat and 99% of our users are in Europe!

Thanks
    Steve

When you view the scheduled tasks in your Admin CP, the displayed times are shown using your time zone. For example, if the task is scheduled to run next at 6pm PST, then that is 9pm EST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      When you view the scheduled tasks in your Admin CP, the displayed times are shown using your time zone.
      Doesn't seem to be working like that here but I think it depends what you mean by 'your time zone'.
      Notifications are set for the default midnight + 2 mins and the hosting server is located in the PST time zone. 99% of the users are in the UK.

Looking at the notification emails, they appear to be sent around 3 am PST which means they are received in the UK at around 11am.
      Why they are being sent late, I don't know, but it looks like the ADmin CP times are relative to the hosting server time.

We want the email notifications to come in first thing in the morning UK time so I guess I can just set Admin CP to send them around 9pm PST (server) time.

Steve

Comment

Actually, it's more confusing than that!

In the scheduled task manager, Daily Digest is - as I said earlier - set as standard...
        02 0 * * *
        and it says "Yesterday 12:02 AM" in the 'Next Time' column - which seems a bit odd!

The scheduled task log looks like this...

24 Daily Digest 11:33, 8th Feb 2008 Daily Digest Sent
        22 Daily Digest 10:17, 7th Feb 2008 Daily Digest Sent
        20 Daily Digest 10:20, 6th Feb 2008 Daily Digest Sent
        18 Daily Digest 11:00, 5th Feb 2008 Daily Digest Sent
        15 Daily Digest 09:08, 4th Feb 2008 Daily Digest Sent

These look more like GMT times i.e. my current location???

Steve

Comment

The times will be in the past if the task is ready to run but it hasn't yet been run. The task system is driven by page loads. Go refresh your index page a few times and it will run the backed up tasks.

Comment

Working...
          X