No announcement yet.

Rename the variable/ID for a FAQ item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename the variable/ID for a FAQ item?

Is there a convenient or easy way to rename the variable/ID for a FAQ item?

As you know, the variable/ID chosen for an FAQ item forms part of the FAQ's URL (at /forums/faq.php?faq=faqid), and so far, it only seems like you can give a FAQ a variable upon creation. If names of your FAQ sections might change from time to time, you may need to eventually rename these variables -- it'd be nice if the variable in the URL would also change accordingly.

So far, I've been doing manual queries - one at a time to each FAQ item and FAQ parent - to rename my FAQ variables. Is there a quicker/faster, or at least recommended, way of doing this?

You should be able to edit them through the Admin CP if you add this line to the includes/config.php file to enable debug mode:

Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      You should be able to edit them through the Admin CP if you add this line to the includes/config.php file to enable debug mode:

Code:
      $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
      Thanks, Jake, but that didn't do it. I got the debug details, but I wasn't given any option to edit the FAQ ids or variables from the Admin CP. Was there another line you were thinking of?

Comment

If it doesn't work in debug mode then you will probably have to continue editing them the way you were.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X