RSS Feeds into Forum stripping white space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feeds into Forum stripping white space

Currently im mirroring some news via Feedburner from one of my blogs into a subforum. But im having some trouble with the formatting.

The feedburner RSS feeds are formatted perfectly, but when mirrored in the forum it seems that vBulletin strips out all the white spaces and leaves the text in one big paragraph lump.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm using the {rss:content:encoded} body template code which helps preserve any text link and images, it's just the lack of white space formatting that's a problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have any add-ons installed? What's a feed that is giving you this problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My coworker has suggested that you need to change the Convert HTML to BB Code option for that feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        My coworker has suggested that you need to change the Convert HTML to BB Code option for that feed.
        Thanks for that, the (?) help prompt suggested i enabled it. I've just set that option to 'No' re-run the RSS import and all white spaces are intact

Thanks a bunch guys

Edit: Also, are there any other more advanced template codes available for dealing with RSS feeds? apart from {rss:link}, {rss:content:encoded} etc?
        Last edited by ChriSsY; Thu 24th Jan '08, 2:08pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ChriSsY View Post
          Edit: Also, are there any other more advanced template codes available for dealing with RSS feeds? apart from {rss:link}, {rss:content:encoded} etc?
          Is this what you wanting to know.
          RSS Feed Variables

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X