Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• HUMMER
    replied
    I am also having this problem with the "global announcement". Even as admin it is not letting me view the announcement. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Alex@MK3OC
    replied
    I have a similar issue , it's only with Global Announcements and seems to be if the user views the announcement through the 'New Posts' link. If they just click it from the top of any forum it works fine?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If I were trying to pin this issue down, I would try posting an announcement only in a forum that you know all users can see (or at least the ones that are saying they are having problems). Ask if they can see it. That way you know if it's a global announcement problem or just an announcement problem.

Also, do you have users posting in that thread that say they can see it with no problem? Maybe look at the users who can and the users who can't and see if some are in secondary user groups. Then see how the permissions differ in those secondary groups.

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    replied
    I have triple checked every setting and can not figure out what is causing this yet there is a thread with about 10 people all saying that they have the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    replied
    Nope... and this has been going on since early on.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I didn't think there were any permissions to do with announcements. If the user can see the forum, he should be able to see the announcement in the forum.

Do you have any recently added modifications?

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    replied
    Is there an announcement setting?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you check the usergroup and forum permissions?

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    replied
    I have users complaining that they can not read my global announcements.

Here is the error they are getting:

Code:
    XXXXXXXX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
       2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm having trouble understanding what the issues are because you've mentioned so many different things.

Could you please start over and clearly state what the problem is?

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    replied
    Both of these areas are set and the usergroup has the basic post and reply functions.

Is there supposed to be an option like Can See announcements? I feel like this would be the option I am missing but there isn't one like this.

I am on a test browser and can see it without being logged it so I believe its a sporadic issue... but I have over a dozen people saying it is happening to them.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Leave a comment:

• rc1320
    started a topic Users are having trouble viewing announcements

Users are having trouble viewing announcements

I have had a number of users inform me that they can not view announcements. They get an error that they are not authorized to view it.

An I missing a setting anywhere? This problem is not universal to all users?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X