X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Character Issues

I'm not sure if these are related or not, but I'm having two problems here:

1. Question marks replace quotes and apostrophes
    My profile field links in the postbits are experiencing this problem, it's nowhere else.

2. No registered users
    For some reason this registered user is having problems. For example, anywhere I click their username in the forums, this URL is what it takes me to:
    http://www.conspiracy-forums.com/members/in-lakesh.html

And I get this message:
    This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
    But the only place that it is a working URL is in the members list, which works fine:
    http://www.conspiracy-forums.com/mem...n-lak-esh.html

Any Ideas on why the URL's are different? Or why those ?'s show up in my postbit?
    Engipress - Wordpress Resources and Information

1. Possibly characters from a language that you do not have installed on your computer.

2. That is not a vBulletin URL. You will need to contact the author of the modification that you are using on your site.

Comment

1. I installed the latest blog post via Carp RSS mod, which I think may be causing the problem, I wasn't sure.

2. What do you mean "not a vBulletin URL"? My conspiracy forums are running off of vbulletin, and the links I posted refer to one of my forum members, so I don't understand..... no modification whatsoever involving my site's members.

Comment

You have a modification installed that is changing your URLs. That URL is not a URL produced by vBulletin. We do not provide support for modifications and you will need to contact your modification author for support with this.

Comment

OK, I don't have any problems with #2, but now I'm getting question marks in the actual posts sometimes, but in other areas, it looks just normal, see this thread for a good example of what I'm talking about:
          http://www.conspiracy-forums.com/9-1...ind-911-a.html

Comment

I'm still getting these weird character issues here.

Comment

Still nothing? It's not a "big issue", but it's still annoying.

Comment

The meta tag in your html code for that page says the character encoding is "utf-8" so your browser switches to that. The data in the actual post though is "iso-8859-1" which produces those question marks for certain characters. If you manually switch encoding in your browser back to iso they will disappear. I can't say how "utf-8" got into your forum header because my vBulletin code use the default "iso-8859-1" on every page - but I'm still using 3.7 if that matters.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X