Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeitherSparky
    replied
    Thanks Steve, I did that for myself so long ago I forgot it needed to be done.

Leave a comment:

• jamestl2
    replied
    Alright thanks for all the help so far everyone

I've gotten my signature to appear in my posts, along with others too it seems. I'll repost here if the same thing happens for future members, just wanted to make sure this is a "permanent" type of effect.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.

Leave a comment:

• jamestl2
    replied
    OK, it will let me edit the old posts and under misc options, "show your sig" was not checked for them for some reason.

I suppose I could do this for each post, but is there any way to automatically show your sig in all posts? And I also wanted it to show for everyone else too, as it isn't just my posts that don't show the sig until you create one.

Also, I tried running the query but I get this vB message:
    You are not authorized to execute SQL queries

Leave a comment:

• NeitherSparky
    replied
    Perhaps in the current version of vB the sigs update automatically, but I began with vBulletin a couple years ago and I can assure you that if someone who had never entered a sig then entered one, they would NOT have one on their old posts, and an sql query had to be run in the "Exucute SQL Query" section of the admin cp.

Try manually running the following query:

Code:
    UPDATE post SET showsignature=1

Leave a comment:

• Allnick
    replied
    Yes, I can confirm signatures change in all old posts after a signature change.
    I presume the posts made without a signature will need editing.

Edit post: tick the Show Signature Option

Leave a comment:

• Baldilocks
    replied
    Originally posted by jamestl2 View Post
    Basically, I made about 30 posts on my forum and then I decided to create a signature. Then when I make a new post the sig appears fine, but all the old posts remain unaffected.

I wanted this to apply to all other members too. (But right now my forum only has about ten members, so it won't make a big change).

And I also wanted to know if there is a way for signatures to automatically apply to all old posts whenever someone edits their signature.

I did a search which mentioned things like "post cache", "mySQL query", etc. but I felt lost. So what should I do in this situation?

Also, I own vbSEO, if that may make any difference.

Let me know if you need the Forum URL
    Hmmm odd. All of my signatures change automatically--even in old posts.

Leave a comment:

• jamestl2
    started a topic How to Update Signatures?

How to Update Signatures?

Basically, I made about 30 posts on my forum and then I decided to create a signature. Then when I make a new post the sig appears fine, but all the old posts remain unaffected.

I wanted this to apply to all other members too. (But right now my forum only has about ten members, so it won't make a big change).

And I also wanted to know if there is a way for signatures to automatically apply to all old posts whenever someone edits their signature.

I did a search which mentioned things like "post cache", "mySQL query", etc. but I felt lost. So what should I do in this situation?

Also, I own vbSEO, if that may make any difference.

Let me know if you need the Forum URL
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X