Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding extra note to "Your PM box is 90% full." for certain user group only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    $bbuserinfo is the current logged in user. $post is the post author.

Leave a comment:

• jdebler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    Is this in the navbar? Are you wanting to check the currently logged in user? In that case you need to use $bbuserinfo instead of $post:

Code:
    is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2)
    AH! That did it. Thanks to all!

What is the difference between is_member_of($post, 2) like I was originally trying to use (which I use elsewhere on my board in the postbit) and is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2) that worked in this case? Is the $bbuserinfo used when it is only shown to the logged in user and the $post used when everyone can see it?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Is this in the navbar? Are you wanting to check the currently logged in user? In that case you need to use $bbuserinfo instead of $post:

Code:
    is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2)

Leave a comment:

• jdebler
    replied
    Thanks Kerry-Anne, but I tried that as well and the extra added line does not display. I checked and rechecked that the test user account that I am using this for and it is indeed user group ID 2. This doesn't make any sense, I am surely missing somethat that I fear I will be slightly embarrassed about soon... I'll keep working on it.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Personally I would do it like this.....

Replace

Code:
    <if condition="$show['pmwarning']"><div><strong><phrase 1="$vbphrase[pmpercent_nav_compiled]">$vbphrase[your_pm_box_is_x_full]</phrase></strong></div></if>
    with

Code:
    <if condition="$show['pmwarning']"><div><strong><phrase 1="$vbphrase[pmpercent_nav_compiled]">$vbphrase[your_pm_box_is_x_full]</phrase></strong></div>
    [COLOR=Red] <if condition="is_member_of($usergroupid, 2)"><div class="smallfont">
    <a href="/link_to_explanation.html">(Why am I seeing this?)</a></div></if>
    [/COLOR]</if>
    The red bit is the added code.

Leave a comment:

• jdebler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    Your code looks ok to me. Note that the warning is only shown if your PM box is at least 90% full. If you are trying to test this then you need a user with an almost full inbox.
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, I am trying it on a test account with a 90% full PM box.

I just realized that I forgot an additional < /if> statement at the end of the above code, but when I fix it and apply it, the extra line still doesn't show up, although the "Your PM box is 90% full." still does.

I did some testing, and I discovered something...

When using this code...

Code:
    <if condition="$show['pmwarning'] AND is_member_of($post, 2)"><br />
      <strong>MESSAGE 1</strong><br />
    <else />
    <if condition="$show['pmwarning']"><br />
      <strong>MESSAGE 2</strong>
    </if>
    </if>
    Only MESSAGE 2 shows up. I'll bet this is something very simple that I am missing. Is my is_member_of($post, 2) (with 2 being the user group ID that I want the extra line to be shown to) the proper way to do it? I could swear I have seen an alternate way of doing it once, but I may be mistaken.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Your code looks ok to me. Note that the warning is only shown if your PM box is at least 90% full. If you are trying to test this then you need a user with an almost full inbox.

Leave a comment:

• Adding extra note to "Your PM box is 90% full." for certain user group only?

Here's what I want to do and I am having a hard time making it work right.

When a member of a certain user group sees the "Your PM box is XX% full" message, I want to add a quick note under it reminding them why.

So, here is the code in the navbar that I tried using but for some reason I cannot get it to work right...

Code:
    <if condition="$show['pmwarning'] AND is_member_of($post, 2)"><br />
    	<strong><phrase 1="$vbphrase[pmpercent_nav_compiled]">$vbphrase[your_pm_box_is_x_full]</phrase></strong><br />
    	<a href="/link_to_explanation.html">(Why am I seeing this?)</a>
    <else />
    	<if condition="$show['pmwarning']"><br /><strong><phrase 					
    	1="$vbphrase[pmpercent_nav_compiled]">$vbphrase[your_pm_box_is_x_full]</phrase></strong>
    </if>
    What am I doing wrong or what am I missing? Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X