OMG all my hard work...GONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG all my hard work...GONE!

I made a DB backup and installed my new Vb and guess what? the DB backup is almsot 6MB and the god damn hosting will only ler me upload 2MB of 'sql text' max....so how do I restore my backup now?

You can actually open the backup file in a text editor and split it into smaller files and run those new files in sequence. Otherwise your host will need to increase the upload limit or restore the backup for you.

Comment

I would love to split the backup,however, where do I split it? I tried to split it and I got a 'sql syantax' error.

Please note, for me to manually split it....there are about 15K lines....

Comment

You can split it before one of the tables. In most backups there will be a CREATE TABLE command followed by several INSERT commands for that table. Just split it before one of the CREATE TABLE commands.

Comment

I've put all the code back in, but I still get errors when loading the forum.
          www.ultimagamer.com

Comment

The error says this file is missing:

includes/functions_zseo.php

That is not a default vBulletin file. That must be from some custom code. Try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

If you can't access your Admin CP then do this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/disable_plugins

Also run a file check to look for customized files:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

Thank you for your support. It may have been one heck of a night now trying to get everything working, but nevertheless, i'm glad I went with Vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X