• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay Luto View Post
    Hello Steve,

Are you saying that if forum is not visible to guests / not-approved users, I will not be able to use RSS feed even if CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider is enabled ?

What if one section of the forum is opened to guests / not-approved users. Can I RSS feed off that section only ?

Is there a way to get around this ? Thanks in advance.
    Your forum RSS feed will only work for forums that are visible to guests. If you have a forum that a user must logon to see, then the RSS feed will not work for that forum.

Is there a way around it? Sure, just edit the top part of the external.php page to allow it to serve those forum ids that you want.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Luto
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    What's the URL to your site and do you allow guests to view your forum and threads? If no, that's the problem.
    Hello Steve,

Are you saying that if forum is not visible to guests / not-approved users, I will not be able to use RSS feed even if CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider is enabled ?

What if one section of the forum is opened to guests / not-approved users. Can I RSS feed off that section only ?

Is there a way to get around this ? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You changed it because IE now sees the feed. However it does not show any content:

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/....php?type=RSS2

This problem is almost certainly due to your add-ons, possibly the vBSEO rewrites. You will need to remove or disable all add-ons and restore the original vB files and templates to troubleshoot this.

Also your copyright notice is not readily visible. You need to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• Big-K
    replied
    Yes, This is my EXACTLY my issue. RSS is off for even when enabled in external data provider
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    RSS is off for your site even with the IE browser. Did you enable it?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider
    Last edited by Big-K; Thu 17 Jan '08, 9:19am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    RSS is off for your site even with the IE browser. Did you enable it?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider

Leave a comment:

• Big-K
    replied
    The URL is http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/

Guests can visit the site

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What's the URL to your site and do you allow guests to view your forum and threads? If no, that's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Big-K
    started a topic RSS SYndication

RSS SYndication

For a few weeks now, my external.php has been blank even though RSS syndication is enabled on my site. Any clues?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X