Moved to a new server, now ImageMagick CAPTCHA generation doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved to a new server, now ImageMagick CAPTCHA generation doesn't work

When I view the image directly in the browser, it tells me "Could not create temporary file."

ImageMagick is installed on the server, however
    [[email protected] home]# convert -version
    Version: ImageMagick 6.2.8 03/14/07 Q16 file:/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.2.8/doc/index.html
    Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2006 ImageMagick Studio LLC
    Any ideas?

I am now using a WHM/Cpanel-style setup, and could not find a way to configure the EasyApache thing it uses to have the foolproof checkbox to put in ImageMagick for PHP

Make sure your ImageMagick path is correct:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings -> ImageMagick Binary Path

Otherwise the error about a temporary file sounds like a permission problem. Make sure the upload_tmp_dir setting in PHP is pointing to a writable directory.

You can also try using the GD image library if it is in your PHP installation.

Comment

Already had checked the binary path, it's /usr/bin/ same as it was on the old server. (This needs the trailing slash, right?)

"whereis convert" shows it as /usr/bin as well

phpinfo says upload_tmp_dir no value

I'm guessing that's a bad thing?

I set it to /tmp/upload and created a new directory owned by nobody.nobody with chmod 0600... I get imagemagick images now, but they're incredibly slow to generate, which wasn't the case before. Like, I load the page, and about 5 seconds later, the ImageMagick version starts to appear. It finally takes about 2-3 seconds to finish (i'm on broadband, that shouldn't happen)

I would just stick with GD if the CAPTCHA using GD was a bit more sophisticated.

Comment

I don't know why it is being slow to generate images.

The GD image verification is actually much improved in 3.6.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X