Problem With Admin Cp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Admin Cp

When i log into the Admin Cp i cant use any of the options on the left panel, Whenever i click on one of the options it just refreshes the panel but does nothing to the panel on the right.

I haven't added any mods an its a recently installed board so i suspect it was an error made on installation, I have checked all the files in the directory 'admin cp' an uploaded them again but it hasn't done anything

i wanted to get someones opinion on what i should try next or what i might have done wrong

Try re-uploading the includes/ directory too, keep your current config.php file and remove the config.php.new file

Comment

i uploaded the includes folder again including the folders inside the includes folder. ive uploaded the config again an check the properties inside the file to make sure they are all pointin to the right database

there was no config.php.new file i already deleted the .new before original upload but it hasn't seemed to make any difference

sometimes when i click on one of the options on the left, the panel turns to a white page displaying a database error but has no details and just asks me to refresh the screen

Comment

nvm ..

Comment

/\/\/\/\ was there any point?

anyway i found out why it was giving me the database error, that has been sorted but still cant use my admin cp

Comment

The files in the admincp directory...How are you uploading them? Are you using an FTP client that automatically uploads them in ASCII format?(smartftp, cuteftp) Or are you using a browser ftp, or a hosts ftp-tool to upload them?(These require you to select the upload method)

Be sure you upload those files in ASCII. The only files that need to be uploaded in binary are image files. Try uploading the files in admincp and the includes directory, and make sure they're uploaded in ASCII format. OVERWRITE the old ones.

Comment

^ i suggested something but i re read your post and it was irrevelant. Sorry for the confusion.

can you expand on what exactly is it that you can't use ? your whole admin cp? or still just the left part?

edit.. also consider frames. since i think it uses frames.. not sure though..

Comment

Originally posted by Dennen View Post
                sometimes when i click on one of the options on the left, the panel turns to a white page displaying a database error but has no details and just asks me to refresh the screen

When you get this database error without any information, right click on the error and VIEW SOURCE. You should see the full sql error. If you'll give us that info, it may lead us to a resolution for you.

Comment

i uploaded the files one by one not using ftp client but just the file manager on my host cp which as far as i am aware, does upload all text files in ASCII (every other board ive uploaded in using this method has worked fine, including my previous Vb board)

when i am in my vb admin cp it shows up fine and the links in the admin cp homepage(the box on the right) work

but the list of options in the box on the right do absolutely nothing.

as for the database error, it was from when i re-edited the config.php i knocked a button jus before i saved changes so it was just trying to use a database that doesnt exist, thats not a problem anymore i fixed that

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Let's start back at the beginning.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thank you

ive already tried just reuploading the admin cp. i'll try the rest of the files too

Comment

Ive reuploaded all the original vb non image files overwritten over the old files and it doesnt seem to have done anything

i cant click on maintenence to run the diagnostics
                          and i also added the line to the config file

Edit: ive also just made a test thread and it wont allow me to use the bbcode (none of the smilies work nor do the text edits such as bold and underline) when i click on the buttons absoluely nothing happens

Comment

What's the URL?
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

www.rap-base.com/forums/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X