Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry I do not have any further answers then what I posted before, namely that it must be due to the modification you talked about.

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    OK I guess no one has an answer, but here is some pieces of the puzzle to see if it helps.

The random results and search took xx seconds: generated xxxxx minute(s) ago message only happens when the search requirement of Find Posts from ANY DATE and NEWER is used if I pick 3 MONTHS and NEWER or anything else besides ANY DATE the results are in order and the generated xxxxx minute(s) ago message doesn't apear, again this only hapens with some users not all

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    I just noticed that with these two users the search results say:

search took xx seconds: generated xxxxx minute(s) ago

but with all other users it just says:

search took xx seconds

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    the thing is that it only happens with two users, gators2001 being one of them, and if you do a search to show results as posts the first post shown is in October although he has posted many times since then.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    From what it looks like, your Search Results are in order by chronological order by posts not their created threads and is not set to "Show Results as Posts", by the order of when Gators2001 posted. It is not in order of the last reply in the thread.
    I can duplicate this on my friends forum.

I believe the feature is working as it is supposed to be. Listing as Gators2001's post time.
    Last edited by SNN; Fri 14 Dec '07, 6:03pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I really don't know what to suggest then. It must be due to the modification you talked about.

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    What 'Sort Results By' setting are you using?
    Originally posted by westpak View Post
    it is a search result with the option of displaying in "last posting date" in "descending" order checked but the results are random in date.

^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What 'Sort Results By' setting are you using?

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    sorry, no.

when I search using other usernames the posts show up in chronological order it is just these two users I manually adjusted post counts a while back that the posts show up in random order

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What I meant was can you duplicate this issue on these forums?

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    see attachment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    Sure, go to this link http://www.sfzcc.com/forum/search.php?searchid=35319

it is a search result with the option of displaying in "last posting date" in "descending" order checked but the results are random in date.

just realized you probably can't see it without being registered it so I will copy and paste

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not sure I undderstand. Can you duplicate this here?

Leave a comment:

• westpak
    replied
    thanks but that is not the problem

I looked again and it seems newer posts are also showing up but they are not in descending order of last post as checked in the search options but they are scattered.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Maximum Search Results to Return

If you make this too high, it could cause significant load issues.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X