Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few issues have arisen months after instillation

first,

the quick reply and edit functions do not save what has been typed by users. it just sits there and does nothing. has been reported by many people and i have experienced it.

and sometimes the whole vbulletin software is slow to load but the rest of the site isnt!

any ideas

Trevor

i have checked and i have recieved no errors of any kind or any abnormal server behaviour.

is this a code problem or has anyone else had it?

Cheers
    Trevor

Comment

Is your forum in English? Sometimes AJAX features like quick edit and quick reply have problems on non-English forums. There is no fix but you can disable the problematic AJAX features:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Disable AJAX Features

As for the slowness problem, here are some intensive features that you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        Is your forum in English? Sometimes AJAX features like quick edit and quick reply have problems on non-English forums. There is no fix but you can disable the problematic AJAX features:
        Jake, installing the PHP iconv library fixes most of AJAX problems with character encodings.
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

yes it is in english. www.tjtuning.co.uk/forums

I will try out what you have suggested just now

Trevor

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X