MySQL Error : Unknown column 'newposts' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Date : Sunday, December 9th 2007 @ 10:27:15 PM
    Script : http://www.xboxnation.net/forums/forumdisplay.php
    Referrer : http://www.xboxnation.net/forums/cha...eaaaaaaah.html
    IP Address : ********
    Username : ********
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    I know this is related to something missing in the database. Any help would be great!

What were you doing prior to this error starting?

To troubleshoot this, please reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Prior to the error I attempted to restore the database using a .sql file. That only served to corrupt part of the database. I then went on to restore using a server restore file, but that restore file only restored 95% of the database. The posts, thread, language, session and a few other tables were completely missing. I had to manually query them into the database using the .sql file, but I suspect that there's something still missing?

Comment

Do you have a complete backup of your database? If so then you will need to restore that one. You cannot patch together a database from different backups.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X