Promotions scheduled task problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Manually running the cron from the Admin CP does not have the time limit on users processed. It could be that your scheduled tasks are not processing completely or another is failing to complete. Only one scheduled task is ran per page load to prevent a large burden on a single user.

What are the last run times for your other scheduled tasks? Are they all accurate? If not, we might need to look at them as well.
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
    My memory is that promotions have always had the last login restriction.
    I just looked at my vb3.0.12 promotions.php script and the 3.6.8 one and the line has changed:

3.0.12:
    Code:
    iif(VB_AREA != 'AdminCP', "WHERE user.lastactivity >= " . (TIMENOW - $nextrun))
    3.6.8:
    Code:
    iif(VB_AREA != 'AdminCP', "WHERE user.lastactivity >= " . (TIMENOW - ($nextrun - TIMENOW)))
    I looked through my old User Promotion Logs and it seemed to be moving the users pretty steadily to the new usergroup prior to the upgrade, so I'm thinking that this line change is the difference.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Well the 3.0.12 code looks to be a bug as $timerun should be larger than TIMENOW so it results in getting all users. That just happens to be what you are wanting.

The 3.6.8 code only retrieves the users that have been active since the previous run.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
        Well the 3.0.12 code looks to be a bug as $timerun should be larger than TIMENOW so it results in getting all users. That just happens to be what you are wanting.

The 3.6.8 code only retrieves the users that have been active since the previous run.
        Yep, it does look that way. Now I need to decide if I should leave it how it's supposed to work or 'fix' it to be 'wrong'.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X