Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I allow people

Hey,

How do I allow people to surf my forum when it is shut down. As you all know as vbulletin admins, when you shut down your forum you can still navigate the forum itself. I was wondering or it was possible to add multiple usergroups to this function.

This is because I am doing a donation run for my forum and want to get a global message out to those that didn't donate but those that did donate should be able to surf the forum. I just don't have any idea how to enable this . If it is even possible to enable this without making them admins.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards.

You could create a small plugin to allow access for other usergroups (post on www.vbulletin.org for help). Otherwise you would have to leave the forum turned on and use group permissions to restrict certain users.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Yeah I could change the forum premissions but I have over 25 different usergroups so will be difficult to change them all out for just a day or 2. (or just lazy) and the message about donations is on the forum down message. Visible for all but thanks for the recommendation and I will surf around vbulletin.org for more information.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X