changing location of forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing location of forums

I loaded my vb and it is working fine. Problem is, it is at mysite.com/forums and (since I have no home page), I want it to be installed at mysite.com. How would I do that? Do I have to run the install script again? Or can I move it somehow? (I really don't want to use a URL redirect).

thanks!

I was in a similar spot......I moved all of my vb to the home (public_html) folder on the server....then your url goes directly to vb...ie your public_html folder becomes your vb folder

Comment

ok, I did that, but then when I went to mysite.com, it showed all of the vb directories, listed out. (obviously, I did something wrong!) So, I changed them back. Now, when I go to mysite.com, I am back to having a the parent directory and forums listed out as directories. Suggestions? What did I do wrong?
      Last edited by dawn100; Thu 6th Dec '07, 4:01am.

Comment

Make sure that you have moved all the files and folders to your public_html directory.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

why don't you want to use a redirect? Just curious...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X