Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i refresh the calendar/event cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i refresh the calendar/event cache?

Hi,

I have just completed an import of all my events from a legacy database to vbulletin event table.

All events have imported correct can can be seen via their individual event URL: http://www.joshandfriends.com.au/for...-birthday.html

But they can't be seen on the actual calendar view: http://www.joshandfriends.com.au/forums/calendar.php

I have looked in Calendar.php file and can see that the calendar cache is used extensively. How do I refresh this?

I can see that many other people have had exactly the same issues with no solution. One such example is here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=event+cache

I have also posted on vbulletin.org but people there also have no response: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164451

Could someone please advise how to refresh the calendar/event cache after an import?

Thanks,
    Josh
    .:ANCE MUSIC AND EVENTS:::.
    www.joshandfriends.com.au

Try editing and saving a calendar in your Admin CP, or adding and removing an event from the calendar on the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Try editing and saving a calendar in your Admin CP, or adding and removing an event from the calendar on the front end.
      Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the following

1) Adding removing an event from the calendar does not refresh the cache of all non cached events.
      2) Editing and saving a calendar in admincp does not refresh the cache of all non cached events.
      3) Using the individual url to an event (specified by event id) then editing and saving that event does refresh the individual event in the calendar cache.

I think at this point I'd have to somehow write a script to load and resave all individual events.

Does anyone know how to do such a thing?

Comment

Was this an ImpEx import? What forum software was the source forum? Maybe I can ask Jerry, our importer dev.

Comment

There is no cache for the events shown on the calendar. The only "cache" is for the events that are shown on forum home. There are variables in the code that have cache in their name but that just means that it is a cache for that page view. If the events don't show on the calendar then you didn't convert them properly. Do they all have a calendarid that matches the calendar that you wish to see them on?

Comment

Response to Jake Bunce:

I am moving my site from a custom CMS solution into vBulletin. The import is not done with Impex. If I should be using Impex please let me know which impex importer i should use for calendar events. I have checked the manual and can not find any information on a comma delimited importer for events.

Response to Freddie Bingham:

I have attached 2 images of phpMyAdmin which show 2 different event rows. 1 which is showing on the calendar and the other which is not showing up on the calendar. I believe the values look similar. Please let me know your thoughts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also I have set: Can View Others' Events to yes for unregistered and users awaiting email confirmation groups.

Comment

You say that editing one of these imported events causes it to appear on the calendar. Compare the record before and after you edit an imported event. Do you see anything different?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X