Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I ... Limit access to specific user groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jessej
    replied
    ok guys, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    Well my friend I apologize...I went through the admin area and it appears that this is not an option. Sorry for misleading you.

I will keep looking in case I missed it...

Leave a comment:

• jessej
    replied
    Originally posted by xtremeoff-road View Post
    In your admin area, go into usergroup permissions and allow only the usergroups you want to view board when offline.
    I have looked for this setting and I cannot find it.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    In your admin area, go into usergroup permissions and allow only the usergroups you want to view board when offline.

Leave a comment:

• jessej
    started a topic How Do I ... Limit access to specific user groups?

How Do I ... Limit access to specific user groups?

The obvoius answer I know is to change the access in that group so that they can not access the board. But what is the setting that I should change in the admincp? Or is it just one setting, or more than one?

There are times when we get inundated with ppl for various reasons, and I want the ability to only let VIP members and staff on the board for a certain amount of time.

Also, is there a way to have the restricted users see a message? Something like, "VIP access only at this time, Please return later"

Thanks for any help..
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X