Custom Profile Field Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Profile Field Changes

So I previously had a custom profile with multiple choices to choose from. The selection is reflected in the users postbit and everything works fine. However, I noticed that when I changed one of the custom profile selections, from "The Magic Markers" to "A Magic Marker", the change isn't pushed to all the users and users still show "The Magic Markers" in their postbit.

Is there a way to refresh the user profiles so the change rolls out to all users?

For a multiple selection field to show in the postbit, you must be doing something like the 2nd post in this thread. You will need to edit the postbit to update the displayed value since they would be hard-coded into that template.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance, however I'm not sure if exactly solved my problem. The issue is that I have a single option with several radio buttons to choose from. Example: "Choose your favorite color"
      • Blue
      • Red
      • Green
      • Yellow
      So users choose their favorite color (red) and then in the postbit, the users see "Color: Red". This currently works. The issue is that I have changed one of the choices and now the change is not reflected in the postbit. Example, I changed the option "Red" to "Dark Red". But their postbit doesn't change, it still says, "Red".

Does that make any sense?

Comment

What type of profile field is the color one? You can see the type in your:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> User Profile Field Manager

For example, the default Biography profile field is a "Single-Line Text Box":

Biography
        Single-Line Text Box

Comment

The type of button I belive is "Single-Selection Radio Buttons".

Comment

The selected values for that type of field are stored in the userfield table. You will need to run this query to update the old values:

UPDATE userfield
            SET fieldX = 'Dark Red'
            WHERE fieldX = 'Red'

Where fieldX is the field identifier of the profile field as shown in your:

Comment

Is there an easy way to update all the values at once without telling each field what the change is? Alernatively is there a way to set everyone's value to "undecided" if that was a value?

Comment

A direct query is the easiest way. Just make sure you backup first to be safe. A query can also be used to set an "undecided" value for those users who haven't selected one of the options yet.

Comment

Thanks for the answer,

What kind of query would I make? Admitedly I'm out of my area of expertise when making queries against the db. I'm more of a user.

Comment

What do you want the query for? I might be able to construct a query for you if you tell me exactly what you want to do.

Comment

Basically I'd like to change everyone's option to "Undecided".

Comment

Use this query (backup first):

UPDATE userfield
                        SET fieldX = 'Undecided'
                        WHERE fieldX = ''

Where fieldX is the field identifier of the profile field as shown in your:

That will update the value of that profile field for anyone who hasn't yet selected anything.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X