Accidently drip vb_user table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidently drip vb_user table

I accedently dropped the vb_user table. Can anyone suggest an easy way to put it back in without loosing all my other tables... I want to at least put in a temporay table until I can get my backup.

Do you have a very recent backup of the database?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No thats why I want to put just that one empty table in there so at least the site works. I have my site on a hosted site and their "Live" person to talk to is not there until Monday. They have database backups but I would at least like to put in a temp vb_user table so it will work

Comment

The site will not work with an empty user table. That's the point unfortunately.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wont work....? that doesnt make sence...it works when you do a fresh install. I dont mean just an empty table. I mean the vb_user table with all the info like a fresh install minus the actural users info inserted.

Comment

Of course it makes sense. The user info data is shared among many different tables and when that data does not match up, then you will have problem.

Besides a new install does not have an empty user table, plus all the info is synched to other tables as required.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

??? how can a fresh installs user table not be empty? If no one has registered on the site then there is no one in the user table.

Ok well anyway are you saying that every other table for my Vbulletin is no good anymore and has to be wiped out and I have to start Vbulletion install all over again and loose everything? If I cant get a backup of that one table?

Comment

Not true. A fresh install has the Admin user that is added during the installaion, and all the other tables are perfectly sychned with the appropriate user info. That will not be the case for your database which has lots of user data in the other tables. Since you clearly don't believe me, try looking at the tables and see which ones have userid fields in them.

What you need to do is restore a recent backup of the database. And I strongly recommend that you do not do anything directly with the database in the future.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

lol I know that I would have to put me ( the admin back in thats no problem) I just need to know how I can put back the table. I know how to create the table. I just need to know all the colums and such that need to be there.

I think what is happening is that when Im saying the word empty you're thinking that I mean completley empty. I know that I would have to put me the admin back in. Just minus all the users that have registered since the start.

Comment

Okay then. Obviously you don't believe I know what I'm talking about so I am clearly not in a position to help any further.

If you want to try this, then you are free to extract the query to create the user table from the install/mysql-schema.php file. Good luck.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hum....I know what you are talking about. I dont think you understand what I am asking. So I guess you cant help me if you dont know what I am asking.

I do believe you what you are saying but that is not what I am asking.

Comment

But Still can I get an anwear to this question?

If I can not get a back up of that one table. Does that mean that all the info in all the other tables are no good and can not be used ever again. And Does it mean that I just have to start all over?

That is my question

Comment

I do not know how to fix a database that has the user table missing. That is critical information.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

oh geez thats not the qestion I asked... Can someone else answear my question.... Here Ill state it again.

If I am missing a table from my database and If can not get a backup to replace it. Does this mean that the rest of the vb tables are no good and can not be used anymore and that I would just have to start all over.

Comment

Ok, well I figured out how to make a temporay fix myself. So I dont know if that person was really a vb tech or just someone playing around with me. I would think that a paid bulletin board would have more quailifed people than that LOL.

Comment