new users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new users

I just had a new user join the board and was able to send and receive PM's but no access to post.

he shouldnt have access as I have new users set yo moderate. but he didnt receive an email nor did he show up in the ACP stats. ie: users to moderate=0

Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

I just joined with a yahoo email and the notification email goes straight to the spam folder. any work arounds for this?

Comment

1. Assuming he was in a usergroup that did not allow PMs, then the only other possibility is that you have installed a modification that is causing this.

2. If there were a sure fire way to bypass someone's spam filters, don't you think all the spammers would be doing this already?

I suggest looking at some of the suggestions on this page to increase the chances of these emails going through:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

what about this part?

nor did he show up in the ACP stats. ie: users to moderate=0

Comment

That means he hasn't clicked on the link in the activation email yet.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thank you.

I went through the options to increase possiblility of email getting through, but all is set.

Is there a way to let users know in registration to check their spam/junk email for mail from mydomain.com

Comment

You can add that to the appropriate registration phrase.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

perfect... my install is almost buttoned up.

where would I put it to insert it just above the complete registration button?

just need to figure out how to get the bread crumbs back in the style.

Comment

bump

where would I put it to insert it just above the complete registration button?

just need to figure out how to get the bread crumbs back in the style.

Comment

To add the navigation to the registration for add $navbar on a new line under $header in the register template.

In the same template you can add the text you wish to use where you want it displayed.
                    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

not the navbar link. the "complete registration" button at the end of the registration process.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

I don't know where you mean but to locate a template, turn on Add Template Name in HTML Comments in the vBulletin options and look at the page source.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments -> Yes

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

when you finish filling out the registration form there is a "complete registration" button and I think a "clear" button. I would like to place it just above the buttons if possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X