Duplicate entry problem and post table crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate entry problem and post table crash

I was wondering if anyone could help me. We just switched hosts recently and this has been a constant struggle now for almost 3 weeks to get things working properly.

They‘ve moved us between three different machines and each machine seems to have a problem of its own for vBulletin.

The latest problem which only occured on the third machine is the Duplicate entry problem. Sample below:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO vb_post
    (showsignature, allowsmilie, username, userid, title, pagetext, iconid, visible, dateline, ipaddress, attach, threadid)
    VALUES
    (0, 1, 'orn91', 4248, 'Toyota corolla 2005 á 990 þús', 'Til sölu toyota corolla s/d 1400cc beinskiptur ekinn 70 þús\r\nbíllinn er á vetrardekkjum og lítur mjög vel út.\r\nþað er ekkert ákvílandi en lítið mál að fá lán.\r\násett 1290 en fæst á 990 stgr engin skipti.', 0, 1, 1196256299, '157.157.134.45', 0, 49127);

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'Toyota corolla 2005 á 990 þús-T' for key 5
    Error Number : 1062
    Date : Wednesday, November 28th 2007 @ 01:24:59 PM
    Script : http://live2cruize.com/spjall/newthr...ostthread&f=22
    Referrer : http://live2cruize.com/spjall/newthr...newthread&f=22
    IP Address : 157.157.134.45
    Username : orn91
    Classname : vB_Database

This seems to attack randomly and only applies to individual letters in the alphabet at random.

My host thought at first that this was some kind of problem with vBulletin. After having gone through this support forum and read almost every post I was able to give them information that showed them that there was a MySQL bug that they needed to fix. Most of that has been fixed now, but this duplicate entry problem still persists and is getting so bad that before it randomly appeared, but now the board is almost un-usable due to user getting hit with this database error report every time they try to post.

I‘ve gone over the unique indexes they seem to be fine, I‘ve repaired and optimized the table which doesn‘t seem to do anything, and honestly I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I just recently imported my phpBB board into vBulletin and it was running just fine on the old server without any problems, but after the switch we‘ve been hit with almost every error there is.

My host tells me that they are having problems with connections errors on the MySQL. The board seems to eat up all of the connections available, even though they are way above what the board needs. They have to run a script every 5 minutes to flush the host in order to keep the board stable. We are now on our own machine so there is no other website on that machine at all.

Another persistent problem is that the vb_post table seems to crash at least once every 24 hours. We‘ve been able to repair it so far without problems, but it‘s a problem that is driving everyone nuts.
    So overall this seems to be a constant struggle with the vb_post table in both cases and I was wondering if anyone can give me a clue as to where I might find the solution.

My host is running MySQL 5.18 and PHP5 and I’m running the latest version of your board.

We have a little over 38000 threads, Around 780000 posts and 6646 members. Average load is about 100 people online and up to 300 max.
    I hope someone can help me because I am really loosing my mind in all of this.

Should I perhaps post a support ticket instead? Would that be better?

Comment

I've responded to your ticket. I cannot not find anything in the database structure that would cause this error. Key 5 is the fulltext index for searching and as it is not unique, should not through this error at all.

Please follow the advise in the ticket.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for a very quick reply. I will do as you suggested.

I just noticed that the Search is not working anymore on the forum. It worked fine until recently. Could that be part of this issue? I've already tried to rebuild it without any luck.
        Last edited by Dezzice; Wed 28th Nov '07, 3:15pm.

Comment