Forum Home help!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Home help!?

My root domain (www.stangtech.org) goes to the parent directory instead of the forum home page.

What do I need to do to correct this?

You would either need to reinstall the forums into the root- or do what a lot of people do and get a 3rd party application such as vBAdvanced- http://www.vbadvanced.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigurius View Post
      You would either need to reinstall the forums into the root- or do what a lot of people do and get a 3rd party application such as vBAdvanced- http://www.vbadvanced.com/
      But wouldn't installing the forums into the root domain just send you to the forum index and not a home page?

By the way THANK YOU for the quick response!

Comment

Correct.
        vBulletin doesn't have a "front page" portal by default just the actual forum index itself. Which would be nice to have changed with the new vB 3.7 features coming out... vBadvanced CMPS is free by the way.

Comment

Ok, I downloaded and installed vBadvanced ... now it's time to set it up.

While I'm familiar with the forum admin for vB I'm going to have to do a little homework in order to get a handle on this add-on.

The parent directory is gone after install and gives this invalid path >>

Invalid forum path specified! Please edit this file and be sure to include the correct path for your $forumpath variable.
          I'm guessing I miss typed something when I was editing the index file.

Comment

I got it up and running! Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Does that mean the vbulletin.com front page is vbAdvanced?

Comment

Originally posted by multiverse View Post
                Does that mean the vbulletin.com front page is vbAdvanced?
                No, it's not.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X