Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed vB successfully but I still have a couple of questions

Hi guys

I just installed vb at my test subdomain and everything went very smooth thanks to the online manual which has been a very great help and a learning experience. I still have though 2 questions.

1. Can I remove totally the ''install'' directory from my server and not just the install.php and the upgrade files? Is it needed there?

2. I downloaded from the member area the ''vbulletin_3-6-8_Patch_Level_2_x'' package, but at the bottom of my forum it shows only: '' Powered by vBulletinĀ® Version 3.6.8''. Should I download the patch files and upload them or that wouldn''t be necessary.

Thank you

1. I would not remove the install directory, otherise that's what we would recommend in our documentation.

2. That is correct. Make sure the Admin CP shows Patch Level 2 though
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, when you login to the admincp it should say in the top the pl2, but the footer is still 3.6.8

Comment

Thank you both for your answers Steve Machol and Floris. I appreciate it.
        And I applogise in advance if I will bother you guys with some other questions in the future. Till I get the hang of things

Thanks again

Comment

Don't worry about asking questions. We're here as a team to help you get answers. So don't be shy, and just ask

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Don't worry about asking questions. We're here as a team to help you get answers. So don't be shy, and just ask
            Thanks, much appreciated. Gotta say, the support here is pure amazing and great

Comment

Feels normal to me. Why? You have had different experiences with other software support?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Feels normal to me. Why? You have had different experiences with other software support?
                Well, yes I have. Some bad and some good, but no where near as good as you guys. I am very impressed.

When I was checking out the ipb board before I could make up my mind which way to go, the support provided there was the main reason that I made up my mind to come with you guys. They and other community forums, can learn a thing or 2 from the Staff here of how to provide Amazing Support to their customers. And that is the truth.

Comment

That's always nice to hear. Thanks.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    That's always nice to hear. Thanks.
                    You are more than welcome. Every word was well deserved. You really provide top-notch Support here

Comment