Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Reputation scales with a clickable box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Reputation scales with a clickable box?

I already posted this over at vB.org a week ago, but it doesn't seem like anyone responds over there, so I'm wondering if this is possible.

Are there any codes out there that could do this? For example, not many people really understand what the scales mean, and I’d like to have on my forums something like an “Add to my Reputation” Box in the postbit, and replace the scales completely.

I’d probably want it between the reputation display and the bottom of the postbit, or something. Also, I'm using the postbit_legacy style, if that makes a difference
    Engipress - Wordpress Resources and Information

The simplest way is to create a new image and simply overwrite the existing images/buttons/reputation.gif image.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's not that I just want a new image, but I also wanted to move the scales and make the box larger, and also have it placed right beneath reputation. Not sure if you're familiar with the setup on similar to the one on the vbulletin forum, webmaster-talk.

For example, the way it looks on this post:
      http://www.webmaster-talk.com/bloggi...-plug-ins.html

The box where it says "Like My Post", is the type of box I'd like to have.

Comment

How would I add something like that?

Comment

You might want to ask them or over at vBulletin.org for how it was done.

Comment

I did ask, a couple of times, over a span of a couple of weeks or so, and no one responded.

Comment

Have you tried learning the html and editing the templates for yourself?

Comment

No, because it has already been done, so I was assuming a mod already existed for it, plus I'd have no idea how to do it, I originally thought I'd have to use php, I'm a coding noob.

Comment

Its all html, there is more than likely a tutuorial or two on vBulletin.org to get the desired effect.

Comment

yesy

Originally posted by jamestl2 View Post
                    How would I add something like that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X