Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slam a v.faq in front of the contact form.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam a v.faq in front of the contact form.

Hi everyone,

I get a lot of emails via the contact form that ask for forgotten passwords, how to post a question, changed of email address etc etc etc. I have a lot of other work to do besides running my forum, so I thought of trying to help my user before they contact me. I would like to redirect the "contact us" link to go to a sticky post in my feedback forum. This post would contain a list of very frequently asked questions with solutions for the user to carry out all on there own. Finally at the bottom of the vFAQ post I would have a link to my contact form if the user still needed help.

My question is: how to I redirect the contact us link, and would I be better off using the 'faq' system of the forum instead of a forum post?

Thanks.

You can set the contact link in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Contact Us Link

IMO, a sticky thread with only the relevant FAQs would be more effective for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      You can set the contact link in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Contact Us Link

IMO, a sticky thread with only the relevant FAQs would be more effective for that.
      OK, I'll have a go at doing that and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasv View Post
        OK, I'll have a go at doing that and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.
        Works a treat! I rarely get a help request these days.

If anyone wants to see, I'll post my FAQ up here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X