Font Size-Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Size-Alignment

I have a strange question. I set my font to 14pt so the catagories and post area is larger. We have some older members that can't see anymore! LOL However, some like it smaller. Currently on the boards I'm using, I members go to the Explorer tool bar and "View-Tex Size-Smaller" and it works. It's not working the my vbulletin site I'm setting up. Can I change this to work?

Also, in the message area, where do I change the Alignment. When we start a new board, it looks like there is a 1/2" indent. I'd like the post to start at the top left. (Like this board).

Can somebody help me?
    Have a great day! :cool:

For the font thing, wouldn't it be perhaps easier if you created two styles? One with the smaller "normal" font, and the other style with larger font? You could make the second the child of the first, and just change the font size. That way whatever future changes you make (in terms of style) will be reflected in the child style as well without needed to make the changes twice. That way users can just select the style they wish to use for larger or smaller font without needed to edit their options in the browser.

As for the indent issue, can you post a screenshot or be more specific? It sounds like something isn't going right. Unless you specifically hit the indent button on the editor toolbar, there shouldn't be any kind of indent. Do you have any modification installed perhaps?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

The extra styles seems like a pain right now, maybe in the future. Is there a fast way to do this? Would the members have a option of picking the style? I know it's a simple fix with Explorer and Firefox, but I'm not sure how. It's easier I think, to just change the view size on the explorer bar.

I do have a stats mod, and who's online mod installed. That's it. Here is my screen shot...
      Attached Files

Comment

How are the extra styles a pain? How many do you have? It would really be a simple matter of making a new style as a child of your existing one, and then just changing the fonts where necessary.

As for your screenshot, are you sure you didn't put padding or anything in the CSS for it? That's definitely abnormal behavior... have you modified the templates severely? I'm not sure what would be causing that to be honest.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I'm sure I didn't add padding, because I wouldn't have known how. And no, I've not modified anything...

Comment

There is a small indent by default so that the cursor is not up against the edge of the text box. This does not affect the posts by is affected by changes in font sizes.
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Yes, but his indent has increased, it is no longer the default. So something is changed, I believe he's trying to find out what, so he can restore it to the default again.

Comment

Working...
              X