Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent database error after upgrading to PL2

hello,

I've installed the (includes) of 3.6.8 PL2 into my forum server few days ago.

Since then, my forum guests and users - only in some countries - have been

complaining of a "database error" screen that frequently appears while trying to open the homepage.

Other users claimed an unusual slow performance in jumping from a thread to another.

Does that have anything to do with the upgrading process?

Thanks in advance

Which version of vBulletin were you running before you upgraded?
    What do you mean with 'installed pl2', could you describe how you've updated?
    If they get a database error, you as admin should receive an email with the full error. Also, can you reproduce this error? Next time a user gets the error, ask them to right click the page > view source > and copy/paste everything to you so you can post it here.

The performance issue can't be caused by the pl2 update.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      Which version of vBulletin were you running before you upgraded?
      What do you mean with 'installed pl2', could you describe how you've updated?
      If they get a database error, you as admin should receive an email with the full error. Also, can you reproduce this error? Next time a user gets the error, ask them to right click the page > view source > and copy/paste everything to you so you can post it here.

The performance issue can't be caused by the pl2 update.
      Hi Floris,

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

I was using 3.6.8 Patch Level 1, downloaded the patch files from this thread,

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...63#post1442163

then uploaded the three new files by overwriting the existing ones using an FTP agent.

Everything is fine now.

Should users complain of the same issue, I will follow your instructions listed above.

Many thanks.

Regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X