Private Message when Infraction Received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Message when Infraction Received

I'm having a brain fart and can't seem to find how to enable PMs when infractions and infraction warnings are received. There is an option in the Admin Options that says:

Require Infraction Message: This option requires that the user sending an infraction include a message. The message format, either PM or Email, will depend on your forum's settings. If this option is disabled, the user may choose to not include a message with their infraction. The recipient will still receive a generic PM or Email in regards to their infraction.

Which forum settings?

DaniWeb Programming Forums
    Computer Tech Support and Programming Forums

If private messaging is enabled then it prompts the user to type a PM to the infracted user:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Private Messaging Options -> Private Messaging Enabled

Otherwise it prompt the user to type an email.

Comment

I don't think it's working. I have the Require Infraction Message option disabled, so mods can issue infractions without being forced to enter a message. I assume that generic PMs will be sent. However, users aren't receiving any PMs upon being infracted and private messaging is enabled. Additionally, I double checked usergroup permissions and they do have PM capability.

Comment

There is no default PM sent. If the user doesn't fill out the PM form when giving an infraction then nothing will show up in their PM box.

Comment

Now I'm just confused. Sorry The Require Infraction Message tick box says: "The message format, either PM or Email, will depend on your forum's settings. If this option is disabled, the user may choose to not include a message with their infraction. The recipient will still receive a generic PM or Email in regards to their infraction." Doesn't that mean that if the mod has chosen to not enter a message that a generic PM is still sent?

Comment

You are right.

Make sure those users haven't reached their PM quota. Also make sure those users have PMs enabled in their user preferences.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem.

All settings are correct, but auto-generic PMs are not being received.
              Paula

Comment

make sure you have put in the userid of the account which send the pm's

Comment

I actually posted a bug report about this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=23482

Comment

Thanks Jake
                    Paula

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X