Editing the Login Page Text...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the Login Page Text...

Hello everyone! I LOVE the vBulletin software... big fan!

Okay... here's my "How do I"?:

On our forum, when someone attempts to access a page that requires them to be a registered user, they get the generic login prompt...

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" [It goes on to list the 1, 2, and 3 reasons why they cannot access the page...]

What we'd like to do, is edit this page, telling them that in order to use this forum, they need to join our organization...

So basically, I need to know where I need to go to edit the text on this page. I have scoured the admin console to no avail, but it's entirely possible that I'm simply looking in the wrong place!

Thanks for everything, you all appear to be VERY helpful!

-Varduga (VAR-doo-gah)

The phrase in vBulletin for this is called not_logged_no_permission. What you need to do is edit the phrase. You can do this by going into admincp -> languages & phrases -> search in phrases -> enter not_logged_no_permission in the box, and search by Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name. Then click "Edit" and type in the text box what you would like the message to be.

Comment

THANK YOU!

That worked perfectly... you are awesome man, I really appreciate your willing to help a vB NEWB.

Thanks again!

Varduga

--
      United States Concealed Carry Association

Comment

Now... you don't know if it's possible to add a hyperlink to within a phrase, do you?

THANKS!

Comment

Yes, you would just edit that phrase and add the appropriate HTML code.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment